BENEFITS OF TELEPHONE COUNSELING
- Telephone counseling offers a greater sense of ANONYMITY. For people who feel shy about walking into a counselor’s office, telephone counseling can be a good option.
- It has no geographical boundaries; therefore you can access a counselor from whichever part of the world you are in.
- It eliminates the need to make special childcare (or other care) arrangements for busy moms or caregivers.
- Telephone counseling is time efficient because it reduces the time spent traveling to and from your counselor.
- It is ideal for you if for any reason traveling is difficult, either due to sickness or injury.
- It is a potentially effective way to access counseling particularly, for example, to deal with short-term issues, simply to off-load and/or get an expert’s viewpoint on your issue.
- It gives you a sense of control. You’re taking action, you are doing something positive,
- You’ll be able to talk to someone who’s understanding and won’t judge you, someone who has your best interests at heart,
- Someone unconnected with your problems will be casting an eye over what is happening, you’re no longer alone with it all, which can be the case even if you have people who care around you,
- You’ll potentially come away from that session with a new perspective – the counselor can help you look at your problem from a new angle
- If you’re telling people around you what you’re doing, they’re likely to feel reassured that you are doing something to help yourself (and it may get them ‘off your back’ if necessary!)
- At the end of that call you can feel like a weight is lifted of your shoulders.
- You may have a new way forward – a step-by-step action plan perhaps.
- You will feel better – more optimistic, because of all of the above!
DIAL: 0900 620 800
To talk to a counselor on the phone right now